Thursday, 13 March 2014
among the factions, i find myself.
There is a book stashed in my purse.
Buried beneath a bottle of sweet smelling body spray.
Tangled inside my headphones.
Its not a small book.
Its not too big either.
But it is my favorite.
The one that has made me discover pieces of myself I never even realized were there.
It has made me realize that I am...
Divergent.
"I choose to turn away from my reflection, to rely not on myself but on my brothers and sisters, to project always outward until I disappear"
I am abnegation. I am selfless. I care more about those around me to care about myself. I will never lie.
"Give freely, trusting that you will be given what you need... Do not be angry. The opinions of others cannot damage you... The wrong is past. You must let it rest where it lies... You must no longer think cruel thoughts. Cruel thoughts lead to cruel words, and hurt you as much as they hurt their target."
I am amity. I no longer care what others try to say to hurt me. I will never think cruelly towards others.
I am in my own way part of this amazing story. I felt the pain of the characters and fell in love with the personalities in the story. it is by far my favorite series of books. Just reading Veronica Roth's words just bring me so much joy. I identify with the characters.
If you haven't read the Divergent series yet I STRONGLY suggest you do. It is amazingly written and the story will have you wanting more and more with every turn of a page.
READ IT!!!
(all quotes by Veronica Roth, parts of each faction's manifesto)
Toodles xoxo
Jess
P.S part 2 of the zombie idea is coming very soon. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment