Another rainy day.
Perfect weather for the end of...
No Place Like Oz By Danielle Paige
What an ending!! I found myself shocked at Dorothy, I never thought I would say that. I assumed that her side of the story would be about how sweet little Dorothy Gale found her way back to Oz and befriended the Princess Ozma and boy was I wrong. Sure she was a tyrant in Dorothy Must Die but I went into this book with an open mind. She was seriously a spoiled brat!! I mean it.
After Aunt Em made her a new dress for her 16th birthday her serious greed was obvious. She wanted more and more and would not stop until she got it. After receiving a mysterious gift from Glinda, the good witch, she was brought back to Oz along with both Aunt Em and Uncle Henry. Dorothy, who was more self centered than I previous imagined, never thought of her aunt and uncle. They wanted to go back to Kansas to their lives but Dorothy wanted to stay in Oz forever.
After learning that Glinda was missing she enlisted the help of the scarecrow. He told her to become somewhat friends with Ozma but to lie to her about her true reason, to find Glinda. Dorothy began to mess with magic... bad idea. She became someone who was never satisfied, always wanting more. After everything Ozma tried to do for her and her family, Dorothy continue to lie to her. After Ozma planned a "do-over" birthday party Dorothy snapped. She was no longer the scared girl who wanted nothing more then to go home in the movie/book, she was a monster. A power hungry monster.
I don't want to give too much away about the plot but seriously this was a much needed, satisfying prequel to Dorothy Must Die. I would love to see Ozma's story as well. The characters in both books were superb. Although I of course didn't like Dorothy I seen her torment when her aunt and uncle refused to give Oz a fighting chance. Over all I really enjoyed this book and can't wait for more. (NOVEMBER!!)
4.5/5 stars just because Dorothy is a brat.
First impressions:
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer By Michelle Hodkin
After see this book on a YouTube video i was intrigued. I really liked the cover and the book-tuber really seemed to enjoy it. I am always looking for a book to make me think and to really mess with my head and from what I can tell this will be good.
The book starts with 3 girls using a Ouija board asking how the one friend would die. It started on the M, and past the U and continued to spell out Mara, the girls name.
What an entrance!
I was sucked in right away. I really like the cover as well, its almost creepy and romantic.
That is all for now. As always if you have any recommendations for me feel free to message me on twitter or Facebook!!
Toodles xox
Jess

No comments:
Post a Comment