Thursday, 3 April 2014

The people who influence you are the people who believe in you -Henry Drummond

Whether it be my writing, my life, everything, there are people who had an impact in my life.  They helped to shape me into who I am and who I strive to be.

My literary influences have to be the ones that have made me see that a story doesn't have to have a million different characters to have an impact. Also that writing what I like to read is very important because if I don't want to read it who will?

Molly McAdams:
She writes amazing yet sometimes heartbreaking stories. Those who have read her novels will know what I mean when I say I cried over Chase at least a dozen times. Her books are natural. They feel as if you are living the stories, living the relationships. She is by far one of my favorite authors and will be for a long time. 
Check her out  http://www.mollysmcadams.com/ 
I HIGHLY recommend reading Taking Chances.. to everyone!!

Ransom Riggs:
His style of writing and the stories what can I say other then amazing! He uses found pictures and strings a story to them. I mean its genius. As the author of Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children he influenced me to write on what I see, write a story so magical that it transports you. He is incredible as both an author and i film maker as i have seen many many times on youtube.
Check Him out   http://www.ransomriggs.com/

K.C Wayland: 
His scripts are genius!! He wrote the podcast We're Alive, a zombie podcast and also on of my biggest inspirations. The script is phenomenal and so realistic. He writes excellent stories and relatable characters, like Datu, the sarcastic yet lovable maintenance guy who happens to get himself in to trouble. Or Riley, a trained chef who is kick ass with a bow and arrow.Yes I realize its only a podcast so you cant really see anything but you get to know the characters and love them. I want my characters to be like that. 
Check out the Podcast http://www.zombiepodcast.com/

Get ready for sappy. My real life influences are another story. They helped me in every time of need and every time I was ever down on my luck. They really raise my spirits and help me get to where I want to be, who I want to be.

My Mom:
We may argue, and bicker but in the end shes there. We have had some pretty rough patches in our lives with exes that cause more and more drama, to friends who I thought were going to be there. She stepped in and helped me cope. After my dad passed away almost 2 years ago she was my rock, she was strong. I wasn't. Through all of the heartaches and the pointless drama she has always told me to stay calm and it will all work out in the end. No matter how many rough spots life gives me I know I will always have her. Love you mom

My twin: 
Not my actual twin but she knows. Shes has seen me at my worst and I can trust her with my life. I think she knows me more then anyone ever has. She has influenced me to channel my inner nerd, to not be afraid to  be yourself. We have been best friends for a long time and I don't think that will change, even if we don't see each other a lot we are very close. I don't think shes just my best friend anymore shes my sister. Because of her I am confident in my own ideas. Thank you :) 

My Gramma:
This is a rough one. I lost my gramma 5 years ago and to this day its hard to talk about. She taught me to be strong, and fight for myself. She was my best friend and taught me a lot of life lessons. I remember calling her after a boy asked me out. I will always look at her as my angel, the reason I strive to live my dream. I want her to be proud of me. I want her to look over me as I write and be happy, to be proud that I am finally being myself. 

My dad:
He is  where I got my writing from. He wrote poems and stories and like myself doodled over everything. I miss him like crazy. He showed me my first horror movie and I've been hooked since. He showed me all of the classics like The Shining, It and Pet Sematary. I loved it. I wanted to write stories like that and I believe in my heart he knew that. I was an odd child always liking ghosts and being scared but he taught me to embrace it and write from my heart, no matter how weird. I think he'd be proud. 


Although there are many things in my life that made me who I am there are a few people that have impacted it. I am grateful everyday for them all. Even those I have never met. I can write and live how I want to because they taught me too. 

Love you All 
Toodles xoxo 
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment